Calcium | 10.07.2020
Digital health analytics company empowers consumers to own their health data.Calcium, a digital health analytics company and creator of the world’s first consumer-driven health platform, announces the closing of $5 million in seed round funding. Since its founding in 2018, the Calcium platform has connected tens of thousands of consumers to their own health data, giving them the information they need to take control of their health with personalized “pathways” and tools and to securely share with their family and providers. Calcium also provides a comprehensive view of health data for employers-at-large, providers, partners, and payors; these entities see better health outcomes and engagement among their patients and employees who use the Calcium app. “With the growing desire of patients to be more active participants in their own health, the movement towards the consumerization of healthcare shows no sign of slowing down. Calcium is at the forefront of this movement. “We are literally putting all of a consumer’s health data – healthcare records, personal health metrics, treatment plans, wellness tools – in the palm of their hand via our mobile app,” said Calcium CEO Terrence Ryan. “By reshaping the way data is used, leveraging today’s technologies, Calcium is creating a fundamental shift to the healthcare ecosystem.” Calcium provides important benefits for consumers and for businesses, including:
Benefits for Consumers
- Better Outcomes, Easier to Manage – Proven reduction in acute care utilization, typically hospitalization
- Reduced Cost – Digital health provides cost savings to consumers.
- Caring for Loved Ones – Remote monitoring and connected devices enable family members to easily manage care, even from afar.
Benefits for Businesses
- Reduced Readmissions – Engaged patients have 15% fewer readmissions
- Financial Benefits – Reducing no-shows can increase revenue $25k per year per physician
- Fewer Errors – Engaged patients have 17% fewer medical errors.